Download Voter ID Card Online
Here you can check your Voter ID Card Status, also can download voter ID card Online. Simply to check your voter id card status here.
Date of Birth:
Download Voter ID Card Online: Save your Effort and Time
The Voter Identity Card is a document issued by the ECI or Election Commission of India. It works as an identity proof for all Indian citizens, as making one requires them to register their name, residence, age and other intricate details. Its main function however, is that it serves as a mean of enforcing Universal Adult Franchise in India. The Universal Adult Franchise entails that everyone in India has a right to vote, that you can vote without facing any form of discrimination on the basis of your religion, caste, color or any distinctive factor. If you download Voter ID card online, you would be availing all that and much more.
Your Voter ID can serve many more purposes than just making you eligible to vote. You can use your Voter card as a valid identity proof at airports or any other place. You can use it to buy SIM Cards, apply for a passport or visa, give it as a residence proof when purchasing real estate, etc. Having a Voter ID is your basic right, to be able to vote and prove your identity. However, the process by which you obtain a Voter ID card is long and tedious. You have to fill in a lot of forms and physically be there to attest documents and finally get one. However, nowadays, there’s a way by which you can finally download Voter ID card of yours from your home, online.
Here’s how you can download Voter ID Card Online for yourself:
- First and foremost, you can go to the online government portal or the nvsp.in website. It is here where you will be able to initiate the process of getting your voter ID.
- Next, click apply on the registration link. While you do that, you will get the option to apply online as a new voter. After you click on that, you will be led through the process that will gather all the information, the download Voter ID card process will require during it.
- After that, you will reach the section where you will be required to input all your essential details and information about yourself. This includes your name, date of birth, your religion, your residential address, your marital status, your parent’s names and other such stuff.
- After doing that, you will be asked to provide the details of any two people who can vouch for you, by typing in their details too. They must have their own Voter ID Cards and you must put in all the information that is required about them.
- After this process is complete, and having submitted all the necessary documents that supports your application, your enrollment process would have been complete. This would be marked by the process after this where you receive your application number by Email, or on your registered mobile number. You can use this to track the status of your application or to later download election identity card.
When you have completed the application process and successfully enrolled, you can check if your election card is ready by using your application number online. You can visit their website and check by entering either your details or this number. Soon after filling the details in, you will be led to a page where you can find all the information about your newly generated Voter ID card. Click on the button that reads ‘Download Voter ID Card’ to download your new and verified election identity card.
When you click on this button, you will see that a PDF format of your Voter Identity Card will be downloaded to your computer. This will be password protected, and you can open it by using the Pin number of your location as the password. You can now print this digital image or PDF of your Voter ID and use it for any of the purposes as mentioned above and more. In case you are unable to do so by yourself, you can always visit your nearest booth to help download it instead, or from a photocopy shop. We hope you find this brief but detailed guide on how to apply and download Voter ID card online useful.